Monday, 25 August 2014

2d Animation Tutorial - How to draw Clean up animation

This video tutorial demonstrates the process of doing a final clean up artwork for hand drawn animation. Although I am drawing in Adobe Flash the process can be applied to any medium from drawing with pencil and paper or using a variety of software packages on the market. I take the viewer through the process of drawing a clean line version of a breakdown drawing in a sequence of keyframes. I outline the three stages of rough drawing and then tie down drawing and finally clean line drawing. I outline the issues associated with doing certain styles of drawing in software such as flash and emphasize on the whole process being that of refinement. And finally I stress the importance of line consistency through width and style - eg thick and thin. I hope you find it helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment